Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

What's So Amusing About Obama's Foreign Policy Failures?

At one point during the vice presidential debate on October 11, 2012 between Joe Biden vice president of the United States and Paul Ryan potentially the future vice president of the United States the audience sat in amazement as Joe Biden continually interrupted and was actually smirking, sneering, and laughing at the comments and questions made by Paul Ryan. This offended me greatly, not because I am a Republican, I am actually a libertarian leaning right, but it offended me because I had some of the same questions, and if I were their debating I would've asked those questions myself.

Now then, mind you I read three or four newspapers a day, surf the news, read intelligence reports, Pentagon reports, and I run a think tank. I'm no slouch when it comes to these issues, I am well studied. I have watched a trend of mismanagement in our foreign-policy ever since Barack Obama took office. Further, I was utterly distraught by the Libyan US Embassy attack in Benghazi which killed our ambassador to Libya. The more I learned the more incompetence I uncovered. This is something I would definitely wish the Obama Administration explain to the American people; what went wrong, why do they make those mistakes, and how come they didn't see it coming?

Indeed I fully expected that there would be 9/11 demonstrations or problem somewhere in the world, perhaps even in the United States. In the US we went unscathed for one more anniversary of that fateful day, but things were pretty tough and out-of-control in Egypt, Libya, and then it spread to 20 other nations where Western World embassies were being protested or riots had erupted in the embassies were burned down. If President Obama is doing so good in foreign-policy, especially in the Middle East which he was expected to do quite well in after his Nobel prize-winning speech in Egypt - then what's wrong with asking the questions that Paul Ryan asked at the debate?

You see there's nothing wrong with his questions or his comments, and he is as well studied as I, and better yet he's even been to many the places under discussion during that debate. Nevertheless Joe Biden acted as if he was young and naïve, didn't know what he was talking about, and laughed at him. I'd like to know; what is so amusing about Obama was foreign-policy failures? I don't find it funny at all, and it is this sick sort of arrogance that is quite troubling to me. If the Obama administration thinks this is all fun and games, then maybe it's time to get a new administration with a little more professionalism. This isn't some sort of reality TV show, this is real life, and it really matters to the American people. Please consider all this and think on it.

Lance Winslow has launched a new provocative series of eBooks on Political Concepts. Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank; http://www.worldthinktank.net/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment